DCIS logo design Competition



DCIS (Directorate general of commerce intelligence and statistics) launched a logo design competition , i.e. a logo for there department in November 2012. I also participated in the competition. After working for some days on it, I came with a logo which I sent for submission. I made the logo mainly from the name of the department itself. After making so many trials and after trying different color schemes to each trial, I finally decided one of the iteration and the same is displayed below. Also as the department is governmental and official, I did not use much of colors. The logo and its derivation is given below-

The Basic Idea for the form originated from the word CIS (Commertial Intelligence and Statistics) itself. If the alphabets C,I,S are kept one below the other and then rotated along a line a bit far and in front of the alphabets, then we get the above form. And a firm base to form adds to its beauty and symbolizes the importance and strength of the department.Also the overall form made is visually pleasing. It looks very good asthetically. Also this is my initial try at logo designing.